When it’s cold outside, I don’t want to drink an iced smoothie in the morning. It freezes my insides and makes me grouchy.
However, I DO want Shakeology every day. It’s my Superfood bullet, it gives me my daily vitamins faster than a speeding train (not really, but that sounds impressive, doesn’t it?). Most importantly, it keeps my cravings for sweets at bay. So I’m playing around with creative alternate ways to get my Shakeology. This morning I made Thin Mint Mug Cake. Yeah. You read that right. THIN MINT!
- 3 tbsp coconut flour (could use almond, if you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1-2 packets Stevia or Splenda (depends on how sweet you like it)
- 1 scoop/ packet Chocolate Shakeology
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- dash of salt (Himilayan salt preferrable, if you have it)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- OPTIONAL: 1 Tbsp chocolate chips (could use carob)
- Mix all DRY ingredients in a large mug
- Next, mix in WET ingredients
- Stir until combined
- Microwave for 2-3 mins (edges will pull from sides when ready)
- Enjoy your cake!
* If you’re following 21 Day Fix, this counts as 1.5 Red and .5 Yellow Containers
To your Dwellness!
Have you tried Shakeology before? What are your thoughts on it?
Want in my next challenge group for additional help and daily accountability?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll make sure you get in the next group! I do a challenge the 1st and 4th Monday of each month.
You should consult your doctor before making any changes to your workout or diet. The statements above are just my own opinion and experience.