As we move toward chillier temps, I’m thinking I won’t always want to drink a Superfood Smoothie in the morning. So I’m playing around with creative ways to get my daily dose of dense nutrition (a.k.a. 1 serving of Shakeology). This morning I made pancakes. Yeah. You read that right. PANCAKES!
- 1 packet Vanilla Shakeology
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 100% pure pumpkin
- 3/4 to 1 cup almond milk (depending on thickness)
- a couple dashes pumpkin pie spice
Combine all ingredients together until smooth. I used my Ninja blender- it took 20 seconds. Heat non-stick pan over medium heat. Pour batter into 4-inch circles. Flip when bubbles on top side pop. Move to plate and eat at your leisure. Yields about nine pancakes.
Word to the wise: these cakes will not be the consistency of Aunt Jemima- they’re more dense and gooey than a regular flour pancake. But I enjoyed eating them just the same. They didn’t need syrup or butter or anything. Down the hatch, plain!
* If you’re following 21 Day Fix, this counts as 1.5 Red and 1.5 Yellow Containers
To your Dwellness!